As soon as Diwali passes us by, it comes three weeks on uninterrupted autumn. That time of the year when the air just starts to turn nippy, trees begin to turn colors, shades of amber and greys take over, and the sun begins to temper down.
We look forward to autumn with the eagerness of a child, waiting for the October heat to soften so we can head outdoors and soak in a bit of nature. It’s just that at autumn, the air is cool enough to favor going outdoors but not so much that you’ll end up reaching for you cardigans and glove every time you step out. A skirt dress with a scarf around or a light cotton jacket over a summer top does the trick just fine.
For autumn this year, we drew on the colors of the season – dull tones of greys and white with hints of red and amber. In true spirit of it, we ditched the floral motifs for something more solid and geometrical, inspired by the fact this a season for everything but a garden full of blossoms.
“Fall, as short-lived as it is, is that one time in the year when you can really experiment with your wardrobe and have some fun doing it. It’s a pleasant time of the year, everything feels mellower than usual, and we wanted to capture this soft, breezy quality of the season in our collection for the year,” says Anuradha, head of design at Samprada.
The lineup this year features 10 statement pieces and includes grey-toned kurtis, skirt dresses, and jacket tops in addition to a bright red culotte. “In classic Samprada style, we’ve blended prints, playing with the styling of the yoke, the cuffs, and the lapels. Sown as they are, the pieces have movement, but in a relaxed and balanced way,” notes Anuradha.
For the best fall looks
- Invest in a versatile jacket-top that you can wear over jeans, trousers, and culottes. It’ll keep you cozy but not have you feeling too warm.
- Take an outfit from am to pm by adding or removing the layer. A scarf is our pick of accessory for the season.
- Dress up or down with the choice of footwear. Pair a dress with knee-length boots and a pom hat for a breezy day look and switch to the pair of nude heels for the night.
- Autumn this year is all about the greys and the reds. And to make the look pop, whip out tassel earrings and chunky handwear.
- Neutral is the way to go with makeup. Nudes and powder pink are our picks for autumn shades.